Thursday, May 28, 2015

Favorite Quotes



Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in the Outlaw Josie Wales:
  • We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
  • I didn't surrender neither. But they took my horse and made him surrender...Now he's pullin' a wagon up in Kansas.
  • All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eating. It's just for looking through.

James Arness as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke:

    "There's always something alive on the prairie even if you can't see it".

Harry Pope:

    "Stand on your two hind legs and shoot like a man".

Edward Woodward as Breaker Morant:

    "Well Peter, this is what comes of empire-building".

Yogi Berra:

    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it".

    "Cut my pie into four pieces, I don't think I could eat eight".

    "I never said most of the things I said".

    "You can observe a lot just by watching".

Goober Pyle:

"Well, I can't tell, 7 o'clock means supper, 9 o'clock means coffee and cake, but 8 o'clock don't mean nothin'."

Gene Wilder, The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles:

"I musta killed more men than Cecil B. Demille".

Chief Joseph:

"Hear me, my chiefs!  I am tired.  My heart is sick and sad.  From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever".

    

No comments:

Post a Comment