Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cameras

I still have my first cameras, although I haven't used them since digital
cameras became available.  I purchased the Kodak Instamatic 104 at
the PX at Fort Bragg, NC, in February, 1967 and used it to take
photos during parachute jumps.  I purchased the Fujica half frame
camera at the Tuy Hoa, AFB exchange in September 1967 and used it
during my year and a half in Vietnam.  I purchased the Canon AV-1 in
1976 and used it to take all of our family photos and other subjects until
1992 when I was able to get my hands on the first crude digital model.  I use
a Canon 12.3 megapixel EOS Rebel now and a Canon S5IS (which I used to
take all of my sons's wedding photos).  I used the heck out of the old cameras
but the digital cameras make photography a real joy. 


3 comments:

  1. My first camera was a Kodak Brownie Starmite with built in flash. I had another Kodak 35 mm. My first digital camera was a Samsung point and shoot type. I bought it at Walmart and the only color they had in stock was pink. Boy, did I take a razzing about that one! Now I am shooting with a Canon Rebel XT. I love digital photography, too, but I never have up-to-date pics of the kids or grands on paper to recharge frames in the house without sending them to Walgreens and going to pick them up, so really it's just another case of immediate gratification, isn't it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothin' wrong with pink, JE. Wasn't it Pat Boone who wore tan shoes and pink shoe laces? Oh, and Marty Robbins with his white sport coat and pink carnation.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention that Mericopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio dresses his prisoners in pink underwear.

      Delete