Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Reflection


The Reflection (To See Ourselves as Others See Us)

The rodomontade from the arrogant clod
Was the nonsensical blabber we expected
It was the likes of him at home or abroad
The minute size of his brain he reflected

Some people talk without saying a lot
And he made it his lifelong profession
No wisdom for thought or humor he brought
But on his face was a stupid expression

I’ll listen no more to this incredible bore
I’ll have no more of his pompous stories
There is, I’m sure, someone who knows more
But where has this poor soul been buried

Communication with him was mighty dim
It could have been made much clearer
With curiosity I watched the likes of him
Damn – it was my reflection in the mirror

©12/22/08Terry Sutherland

No comments:

Post a Comment