Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dreams of a Sedentary Man

DREAMS OF SEDENTARY MAN

I would have loved that freedom train
I would have wandered far and wide
I would have traveled the great high plains
I would have walked this land with pride

I would have slept under the great Big Sky
I would have taken my meals from the land
I would have walked the hills parched and dry
I would have crossed the hot desert sand

I would have wandered alone without a care
I would have know the reverence of the wilderness
I would have embraced this great land we share
I would have known a life without any stress

I would have climbed the mountain high and cold
I would have walked the golden prairie hills
I would have given all that is silver and gold
If I didn’t have a house and monthly bills

No comments:

Post a Comment